Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 and visual art painting a drawing


2015 and visual art painting a drawing:
Now that I’m definitely at it again I need to figure out how I want to improve. I now have a renewed sense of style in the various media I’ve been using: acrylics, oils, oil pastels, soft pastels, pencils, markers. Still, something I call completed needs to feel integrated and well executed to me even though it might yet appear rough or crude to other eyes. It’s a matter of “touch” on my part. I rush things too much at times. There are many differences in the way I worked for four years in an effort that ended 34 years ago and the way I’ve worked since I resumed this last May – an example in one medium is in two soft pastels posted here, the one with the trees a 2014 work, the other a 1979 piece. Both of these I consider completed but the styles are different. It’s serious, this to me. The work continues.
 

 
(c) 2015 Wes Rehberg
 
 
 

No comments: