Monday, April 09, 2012

"JAILBIRDS" -- fictionalized nonfiction short story

   I've begun writing a fictionalized nonfiction short story drawn from murderers and events I encountered while doing prison ministry in an upstate New York county jail and a maximun security prison.
   Its tentative beginning is this:
   
   "The guard brought me to a tiny room with a wooden table and two chairs, opened the door, showed me the button to push if I needed help, and told me to take a chair. He walked toward the county jail wing where an itinerant young man was behind bars, accused of murdering a boy, 13-years-old. The charges indicated that the accused killed the boy after he keyed a scratch on the imprisoned man’s car door. I was there because he requested a prison minister ..."




    

No comments: